Saturday, March 9, 2013

New feature and the next Jewels of the Week

Hello everyone!

I am exited to announce a new feature for this blog, as well as who the next Jewels of the Week will be dedicated to.

New feature - Requests Sunday
Ever since this blog launched, I have received a greater support from the readers than I could ever hope or anticipate. Many of you have made brilliant suggestions about topics and individual jewels: some of them I have already covered, and the others will be written about in due course. The covering has been a bit chaotic though so I decided to dedicate a whole day just to the pieces that you would like to see covered.

Requests Sunday is going to be that day. Every Sunday, starting tomorrow, I will write about the jewels you would like to see featured in this blog. The very first Requests Sunday will be dedicated to the single most requested piece ever - Maria Feodorovna's Sapphire Parure. Ever since I wrote an entry on Empress Maria Feodorovna's Sapphire Choker, many of you contacted me with a request to write about the parure that featured in one of the portraits of that post. Tomorrow I'll do just that, so stay tuned!

Jewels of the Week
The next installation of our Jewels of the Week series will be dedicated to the collection of the Duchess of Cornwall.
The following jewels will be covered:
- Camilla's Tiaras (both those loaned to her by the Queen and the ones from her family)
- Camilla's Necklaces (with special attention to her magnificent chokers and the Saudi sets)
- Camilla's Brooches (not all of them, I'm afraid, but certainly the most important or interesting ones)
- Camilla's Other Jewels (some of the other pieces such as the engagement ring, the watches, bracelets, earrings, and so on).

The Duchess's jewels will be the focus of this blog from March 13 to March 20, although I may cheat a bit and extend the "week" for a couple of additional days (as I did with the Kent Jewels). As usual, other pieces will be covered in between articles on Camilla's collection.

You are always welcome to leave a message for me in the blog, via mail, twitter or Facebook: I read every single one of them and try to respond to them as soon as possible.

Artemisia

No comments:

Post a Comment